Tuesday, September 28, 2010

How can you make a living as a content writer?

 
Sword is Mightier than the Pen

This skill set is something a god’s gift, not everyone in this earth can pursue this skill set and unless they have passion towards reading and writing.

You can make money as a content writer by taking several assignments a week or day. Those who write fast enough, and boast enough clients, clients can make enough business. You can find employment as content writer with a dot-com sector, web-designing companies etc. The advantage of working in a dot-com sector is that you get work on a variety of clients and will learn a great deal from others.

In addition, you can choose to be a freelance content writer. This involves working from a home office and promoting your services to anyone and everyone who will give you work. The advantage in this is you tend to get more clients. I have question is this a correct way to do? It is all about individual’s ambition and passion towards the work.

Myself, I am currently working in a web designing firm as freelance content writer. For the last 4-5 months, I have been a freelance consultant. This really suits my character and fits my personal commitment. In fact, during this short stint I was able to make up sufficient commercials.

Choosing the right domain is the important part in content writing, since there are so many verticals and you need to specialize in a particular area. My specialization would more into Web Content writing, SEO based articles. The reason for which I have chosen is these are the current hot area for the content writers to exhibit their skill set. Additionally, I am professional CV writer where I prepare CV‘s for all the verticals. This was my primary source of income then I had started cultivating my interest towards web-based writing.

This article does not have any end, since I can go on for pages and pages about being a resume and content writer. I believe that is what my other articles are for! I hope this has helped clarify the job description of a content writer and some of the opportunities that are available in the global market.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment