Thursday, September 30, 2010

What is this link building talk?

When I had a talk with some of my friends on improvising my website they just started talking about link building strategy, I was just wondering why they give more stress on that strategy. Eventually I realized that this strategy is all about establishing your competitive position in the online marketplace that already exists.

Later I had a thought provoking session with the subject matter experts on link building services; I came to know that it is not about boosting the Google page ranking, swapping links, link directories with other websites. They just said in a simple word “Be focused on your business objective”.

However, after the long conversation on link building, I was still confused how to precede my blog/website ahead. I was literally bugging after the experts to make myself clear about this concept. This concept triggered my mind and the inner heart said come on you could start doing it by various experimentation's. So I started this right from my blog itself, I am an amateur in web promotion strategies. Still I found some effective way to reach the audience. Just go through my personal experience on link building strategies. 

  • Create a interesting article and attract the audience (Let it be simple and precise)
  • Try to avoid grammatical errors, especially if you need authoritative people like librarians to link to your site
  • Keep accessible privacy policy and about section so your site seems more trustworthy, include a picture of yourself may also help build your authority
  • Syndicate an article in EzineArticles, GoArticle, and ArticleDepot. Interesting thing is that their article pages actually rank highly and send highly qualified traffic
  • Personalize your message to the bloggers, Journalists. This will fetch you out Return on Investment (ROI)
  • List your site/blog in local library’s website
  • Start reviewing other website features and post your comments, don’t just post your comments and come back, do link your website in that comment space
  • Order a beautiful CSS redesign
  • Create a page that is dedicated to nothing more than obtaining a subscription, and drive traffic to it from your blog, AdWords, or really any other source you want

A SEO Subject Matter expert had given me all these valuable suggestion; I have started working out this strategy.  Hope you folks would have gained some basic info on this and start practicing it. I will come back with another interesting topic in my next post.     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment